Best Health Insurance companies for 2020
What is Health Insurance?
An Insurance that covers medical expenses of a person in full or part that arises due to illness.
Finding one of the best Health Insurance which involves good customer service, financial strength and competitive price. Competing with many best Health insurance, often selling similar products, so its smart to get Health Insurance from a list of companies.
Top 9 Best Health Insurance companies in 2020
- Aditya Birla
- Bajaj Allianz
- HDFC Ergo
- Star family
- SBI Health
- Manipal Signa
- Max Bupa Health
- Religare care
- Royal Sudaram
One of the best Health Insurance company is HDFC ERGO who is giving the best Health Insurance plans.
Today, we will talk about HDFC ERGO. I personally took Health Insurance from here.
What is HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO is a 51:49 joint venture firm between HDFC and ERGO International AG, one of the Best Health insurance entities of the Munich Re Group in Germany operating in the insurance field under the BFSI sector. The company offers products in the retail, corporate and rural sectors. The retail sector products are health, motor, travel, home, personal accident, and cybersecurity policy. Corporate products include liability, marine, and property insurance. Rural sector caters the farmers with crop insurance and cattle insurance.
The Company is ISO certified since 2010 and has its corporate office in Mumbai. The company conducts the HDFC ERGO Insurance Awareness Award Junior Quiz, to educate and spread insurance awareness among school students. Apart from its products mentioned above, HDFC also provides Title insurance, Solar Energy Shortfall insurance, and Inherent Defects insurance.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance and It’s Role During COVID-19 Outbreak
Last Published on 17/07/2020
HDFC ERGO is covering hospitalization expenses related to Covid-19 situation under all health insurance plans subject to their terms and conditions of the policy. They are covering pre-hospitalization expenses to post-hospitalization expenses seamlessly.
In the current COVID pandemic, Health insurance is a MUST and will definitely be beneficial because you never know when you or your dear one’s will be in such situation and how much it will cost you on medical arrangements. This health insurance will cover all your medical expenses considering policy terms and conditions which you may require during treatment.
HDFC ERGO takes care of all medical expenses which includes consultation, different diagnosis, pre/post hospitalization charges and so on. You need to focus on recovery, rest your health insurance will take care of everything.
Please note: Health Insurance does not cover – Quarantine just for isolation without any treatment is not covered.
Good news is that, If you are having existing health insurance plan with HDFC ERGO, Corona virus related hospital expenses will be covered.
Types of Health Insurance
A health insurance plan can be of several types and you can choose the best plan depending upon your requirements.
- Health Insurance plan for Individual
- For family
- For parents
- For Senior citizens
- Critical Illness
- Super Top-up
- Personal Accident Insurance
You need to choose Best health insurance plan based on your need which fits to you and your family requirements.
HDFC ERGO offers 2 types of health insurance policies:
- Indemnity health insurance policy: An indemnity-based health insurance plan is one where the health insurance company reimburse the actual amount incurred as expenses during hospitalisation. Even with the non coverage of post-operative expenses, indemnity insurance plans come with a host of benefits for the policyholder.
- Lump Sum payment health Insurance plan: Under this category the payment is made to the insurer as soon as the illness or any kind of accident happens. it helps in covering all small expenses to be made during treatment.
What are the benefits and coverage in Health Insurance?
HDFC ERGO is the leading company in the Insurance market because It gives its customer a TRUST with little extra benefits when you buy any insurance from HDFC ERGO- The Best Health Insurance company.
- Sum insured rebound– If you have a claim free year, it will enhance your sum assured to next year, a kind of magical back-up which cover to treat the next hospitalization of a new illness or injury. For example: If you already spend your sum insured of say 2 lakh on some illness/ injury and now within same year you again need to spend 1 lakh for some other illness, normally you need to pay from your pocket. But in this policy under Sum insured rebound, it will be paid by insurance company and that is the benefit every customer is looking for.
- Installment Benefits– The company offers to pay Insurance premium in Installments to ease customer life instead paying full amount at a time which is purely your choice.
- No Medical test up to 45 Years– No medical test is required if you are perfectly fit, healthy with good heart.
- Cashless Home Health care– If you have been advised by your doctor to stay at home and take treatment, you have an option to avail cashless medical facilities which is of great help for you and your family.
- Hospitalization expenses– The hospital covers pre- hospitalization expenses up to 60 days and post discharge expenses till 180 days due to Illness or injuries which vary depends on policy taken. It covers daycare charges as well which is less than 24 hours.
- Ayush Benefit– Hospital is covering expenses for AYUSH treatment as well. People go for different alternate therapies based on their belief like Ayurveda, Unaani, Siddha and Homeopathy related hospitalization expenses for AYUSH treatment are also covered.
- Mental Healthcare– Mental healthcare is just as important as hospitalization due to physical illness or injury and relaetd expenses are covered under treatment.
- Free Renewal Health Check-up– Get a free health check-up within 60 days after policy renewal done by HDFC ERGO at the time of renewing your policy.
- Organ donor expenses– Organ donation is a noble cause and it covers the medical and surgical expenses of the organ donor when harvesting a major organ transplant.
- Recovery benefit– If you stay in a hospital for more than 10 days at a stretch then HDFC ERGO pay for other financial losses that might have happened due to your absence at home. It helps to take care of other expenses during your hospitalization. (Amount specified in the policy wording)
- No entry age restriction– If you are 18 years old and above you can buy HDFC ERGO health insurance plan without any hesitation.
- Network coverage– HDFC ERGO is having tie-up with 10,000+ network hospitals across country which facilitates cashless facility and other health care services.
- 24 x 7 Customer care– HDFC ERGO provides 24 x 7 customer care service for settlement of health insurance claims.
Considering all above fact, this insurance becomes “Best Health Insurance“
Save Tax with Health Insurance
Like other Health Insurance plans, HDFC ERGO is giving Tax benefit under section 80D which is an additional benefit to a customer.
What is not covered in a health insurance policy?
- Adventure sport injuries– Any accident that happens due to adventure in Sports activity.
- Self-inflicted injuries– Injury happened with self is not covered under insurance.
- War– Any health insurance plan does not cover claim that are caused due to wars.
- Participation in defense operations– If you are participating in Defense related operations like (Army/Navy/Air Force), such act is not covered.
- Venereal or sexually transmitted diseases– Any disease related to sexually transmitted disease is not covered.
- Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery– Treatment of obesity or cosmetic surgery is not covered.
A waiting period is the amount of time an insured must wait before some or all of their coverage comes into effect. The insured may not receive benefits for claims filed during the waiting period. Waiting periods may also be known as elimination periods and qualifying periods
HDFC ERGO is having different waiting periods depend on choosing policy which is written in policy while buying it.
- First 24 Months From Policy Inception
- First 36 Months from Policy Inception
- First 30 Days from Policy Inception
HDFC ERGO APP
You can download and use HDFC ERGO apps on your mobile to keep your policy secure digitally and check the status of your insurance policy anytime. you can use below link to download and get details:
6 Reasons to buy Best Health Insurance
- First major reason is to safeguard yourself and your family from any unexpected injury or disease.
- To counter inadequate insurance cover
- Inflation is happening very frequently and to deal with medical inflation.
- Timely investment in health insurance will help protect your savings.
- Early insurance will help staying secured.
- Hassle free renewal and Tax benefits.
Different factors that decide insurance premium
- Age & Gender
- Medical History of the Family
- Smoking and Drinking Habit, if any
- Your health history or any pre-existing illnesses
- Your current health status
- Your lifestyle
- Your Profession
- Policy tenure and Death benefits
- Mode of buying a policy
- Mode of premium payment
- Obesity- Body mass Index
Online facilities on Buying Health Insurance from HDFC ERGO
- Premium calculation online with calculator
- Online payment for Insurance renewal
- Soft copy for insurance policy
- 80D tax certificate
- Facility of updating contact details such as email address, phone number, house address
- Track claim status
- Cancellation of policy online
- As a govt. mandate, PAN and Aadhar need to be updated, available online
Health Insurance premium calculator
You can use below link to calculate premium
As an example, “my: Health Suraksha” policy premium calculation
How to renew HDFC ERGO health insurance
If you want to continue your insurance, renewal is important. Renewal of policy is equally important as buying and the same can be done in many ways:
- Insurer has to visit HDFC ERGO official website and renew the policy. Enter policy number, mobile number or email ID to renew the policy.
- You can call customer care to renew your policy. (Whatsapp us on 73045 24888)
How to claim HDFC ERGO health insurance
There are 2 ways to get claim:
- Cashless claim which anyone can claim while visiting to hospital, showcasing the policy number or card and the same will be settled directly with the hospital. This facility is available with almost all the hospitals.
- Insurer has to visit HDFC ERGO official website and fill required details to claim the policy. Enter policy number, mobile number or email ID to claim the policy.
How to cancel HDFC ERGO policy
- Customer can call 24×7 Toll free number – 1800 2700 700 from any landline & mobile or 1800-226-226 from mtnl/ bsnl phone.
- You can also contact the nearest HDFC ERGO branch.
- You can contact Customer service desk through email at email@example.com.
Customer care for Service related
For Claim, Renewal, Queries Related to Existing Policy, you can call
022 6234 6234 / 0120 6234 6234
HDFC ERGO claim form
You can click on below link to get health related claim form:
How many members covered in a single policy?
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance cover a maximum of four family members, which includes two adults and two children.
How can I apply for insurance policy?
You can apply online by filling form with required deatils such as Name, mobile, email ID and customer care will contact you.
You can download form and fill and send it to HDFC using email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can physically handover form to any nearest branch.
What is the mode of premium payment?
1. You can make online payment via visiting to HDFC ERGO website.
2. You can opt for auto deduction directly from your bank while buying insurance policy.
3. You can make payment in case or card by visiting to any branch physically.
Where can I register or intimate the claim?
You can register the claim:
1. Visiting official website www.hdfcergohealth.com
2. Write to email@example.com
3. You can call toll-free number 1800-102-0333
I have already lodged a claim. Will my claim be impacted as a result of this transaction?
Your claim shall be processed according to the existing terms and conditions of your policy and there will be no impact on the claim settlement as a result of this transaction.
What are the Pre & Post hospitalization cover?
The plan covers medical expenses for 60 days prior to hospitalization and 90 days post hospitalization only for related medical expenses.
Can I claim Health checkup expenses?
On successful completion of 4 claim-free years, the health check-up expenses are reimbursed.
Is there any Co-payment option in the policy?
No, The plan has no co-payment policy. Thus, relieving policyholders from making payment out of their pockets.
Is there any cap on Room rent?
HDFC health plans do away with the concept of having sub-limits on room rent, which makes the Insurance policy as the best insurance policy and further enhances their popularity.
What is the minimal waiting period?
Every health plan mandates a minimum waiting period before paying for the treatment of pre-existing illnesses. The waiting period in case of HDFC Ergo Health Insurance is four years.
What is the entry criteria in Insurance policy?
You can opt once you are 18 years. Children aged 5 years and above can be covered if both parents are covered.
What is the term of the plan?
It is 1 or 2 years
What is the sum insured?
Sum insured is INR 3 to 7.5 lakhs
Is there any pre-entrance health checkup?
Until 45 years of age, no health checkup is required.
How much is the no claim bonus?
5% increase in sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 50%
How do I find a hospital to avail cashless facility?
HDFC ERGO has provided a wide network of 10,000+ hospitals to avail cashless facility. Same will be mentioned in your Insurance policy while buying. You can find the nearest hospital while visiting to HDFC ERGO official website and by clicking on Network hospital.
I hope you like my Blog. Please share your comments, like my blog and subscribe to get new blog intimations.
Thank you and have a good day!
Please note: The information published here is for information purpose ONLY. To get more details and accuracy, please visit to official website of HDFC ERGO.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Health Insurance companies for 2020 and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.