What is ATM – Queries on ATM
ATM- A machine that dispenses CASH called “Automated Teller Machine“
An automated teller machine (ATM) is an electronic machine at any Bank outlet that allows customers to withdraw or Deposit money and complete the basic transactions without the aid of a branch representative or teller.
We discussed in more details about ATM in our previous Blog. Please check below link to get more details.
Let’s Continue on:
Question and Answers (FAQ)- Part 2
What is the point of an ATM card?
ATM is a bank card issued by the Bank for withdrawing money. Few Bank’s issued only ATM card which cannot be used for making purchases at any retail store or shopping complex. Many banks issued ATM card in the form of Debit card which can be used or both cash withdrawal and shopping purpose.
Do ATM cards have CVV?
Yes, every ATM card, Debit card/ Credit card are having CVV which is required while doing any online transaction. You can see the CVV number which is 3 digit numeric digits available in back panel for each card.
Which debit card is best?
Best Debit Cards in India (2020)
- HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card.
- DCB Bank Cashback Debit Card.
- Axis Bank Priority Debit Card.
- IndusInd Bank Signature Exclusive Debit Card.
- Citi Priority World Debit Card.
- HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card.
- ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card.
- IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card.
Why you should use credit instead of debit?
Debit cards are directly connected with your saving account, hence less protection features. where as Credit cards are not connected with you cash account and offer more robust fraud protection.
How to Activate ATM Card?
- Go to any ATM (Preferable same Bank ATM the card does belongs to). –
- Insert card in ATM machine
- Enter temporary ATM pin received along with card
- Proceed as per instructions flash on ATM machine to activate and update the ATM PIN.
How much money can withdraw from ATM per day?
It depends on Bank to Bank. Some banks allowed Rs. 10,000 in a day.
State Bank of India (SBI) has set Rs. 20,000 as maximum amount withdraw per day.
How many times we can withdraw money from ATM in a day?
Normally, You can withdraw money 8 times but within the range Bank has set on withdrawn limit in a day.
Can you deposit cash at any bank?
No, you cannot deposit cash in any bank other than the Bank ATM you have account and that too If the Bank has core banking solution facility.
Can you check transaction history at ATM?
You can check the Mini statement which will show you Transaction history of last 4 to 10 transactions. You can choose mini statement option in any ATM, enter 4 digit pin and see the transaction.
How do I find my ATM account number?
You need to call the customer care and confirm your identity by sharing Name, address and other security questions. Once verified, you will be informed about your account number.
How can I hide my ATM withdrawal?
As per regulatory law, bank has to keep all your transaction details as a legal record which you cannot hide.
Do ATM cards expire?
Yes, ATM card do expire. The expiry date is given on front panel of ATM card in the format MM/YYYY (Month/ Year). Normally the card expiry is 2 to 3 years. Bank issues new card if your account is active on the date of expiration.
Why would an ATM eat my card?
There can be different reasons:
- Malfunctioning of ATM machine
- You lost your card, blocked it and after retrieving it, you are trying to use in ATM without unblocking it.
- You are issued with a new card due to change in name or other reason but still trying to use old card which is blocked.
How do I get my ATM card back?
- Call the customer care and inform about the incident
- Call or visit nearest bank branch and raise a complain.
What happens to debit card left in ATM?
Cards left in the machine are eventually pulled back in for retrieval in the morning. But some branches automatically dispose of them, or send them to hopelessly inscrutable central offices, if they aren’t claimed promptly.
What if ATM doesn’t give money but debited my account?
As per RBI mandate, any amount deducted, must be deposited back to account within 7 working days after raising complaint. Few banks have feature that amount will be credited back immediately as and when it is deducted but not dispersed. Also, bank is fined with Rs. 100 per day in case of delay after 7 days.
Does every ATM have a camera?
In today’s scenario, most of the Bank ATM’s are having camera installed in the safety of their customers to avoid any burglary, loot, tampering ATM machine. Also, this helps avoid using of fake or duplicate cards.
What is ATM CVC?
CVC- The Card Verification Code, is an extra code printed on your debit or credit card. With most cards (Visa, MasterCard, bank cards, etc.) it is the final three digits of the number printed on the signature strip on the reverse of your card.
What is Platinum ATM card?
SBI’s offers Platinum Debit Card which is available in Visa and Master card variants. The card offers numerous benefits to customers apart from the convenience of cashless transactions and ATM withdrawals. The card also offers an insurance cover benefits.
Which is better Visa or Mastercard?
Both the cards are having almost same features except when you do International travel, exchange rate is better in Master card comparing to Visa card.
Can I run my debit card as credit if I have no money?
No, you cant use Debit card as credit one. If you don’t have enough fund in your bank account, you may have chances that your transaction will be declined.
What happens if I press credit on a debit card?
When you use Debit card for any transaction but mistakenly choose option as credit, you are still authorizing a debit from your checking account. There will be no interest charge on your debit card and you will not get any bill or it.
How can I find the last 6 digits of my ATM card?
- The first 6 digits on the card represent the Bank Identification Number.
- The next 9 digits are the Unique Account Number of the cardholder.
- The last digit is a Check digit for validation of the card.
How can renew my SBI ATM card?
Steps to file for the reissue of the card via mobile app:
- Step 1: Log in to the SBI card mobile app.
- Step 2: Go to the menu button.
- Step3: Click on the service request option.
- Step 4: Click on the reissue-replace card option.
- Step 5: Select the card number.
- Step 6: Click on the submit button
What is classic ATM card?
SBI issues a Classic Debit Card which allows customers to enjoy the convenience of cashless shopping and earn free reward points on their purchases. It can be used to purchase goods at merchant establishments, for making payment online and withdraw cash in India.
What are the benefits of platinum debit card?
I am giving you examples of 2 Platinum card, one is ICICI and another is HDFC
ICICI Bank Platinum Debit Card
- High withdrawal and transaction limit. Daily cash withdrawal limit at ATM.
- Online transactions.
- Fuel surcharge benefits.
- PAYBACK Rewards.
- Insurance coverage.
- Zero Liability Protection.
- Better transaction tracking.
- Itemized billing.
HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
- 1% cashback when shopping online or at any retail shop.
- Fuel surcharge benefits.
- Daily Default Domestic ATM withdrawal limits: Rs. 1 lac.
- Daily Default Domestic Shopping limits: Rs. 5 lacs.
What is the difference between gold and platinum debit card?
- Platinum cards give higher minimum credit limits than gold cards
- Platinum cards charge higher annual fees than gold cards offered by the same provider.
What is the limit of RuPay Platinum debit card?
- ATM Daily Transaction Limit of Rs. 50000 domestically and equivalent of Rs 50000 abroad.
- POS Daily Transaction Limit of Rs. 100000 Domestically and equivalent of Rs 100000 abroad.
I forgot my ATM pin. Can I change it anyhow by not going to the bank nor change my debit card?
In today’s scenario, it is easy to change the ATM pin online by calling customer service or if you have net banking facility active, you can change it in service option by selecting ATM Pin generation. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number which is to be used to verify your identity and change PIN.
You can change pin through SMS service but depends on bank has provided this facility. Most of the banks has provided this facility.
How do I change an SBI ATM PIN through an ATM?
Please follow below steps:
- Visit SBI ATM to change the PIN
- Select “PIN Generation” option on ATM Screen.
- Enter your bank account number from your passbook. You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number.
- Please confirm OTP on ATM Screen.
- Now you are allowed to select new ATM PIN of your choice.
How do I track my ATM card by my mobile number?
For a lost card, you can not track using mobile because there is no card chip connecting with mobile to track the card.
You have only option to block the card to avoid unwanted usage.
For new card issued by bank, you will get a courier tracking number thru which you can track where the card is currently with courier service.
How can I get back my ATM PIN even when I don’t have my ATM card?
Please follow below steps:
- If you remember your ATM card number, you can visit to any ATM machine.
- You can choose forgot pin option in ATM.
- It will ask you to enter full ATM number.
- An OTP will be generated and will come in your registered mobile phone number.
- Enter this OTP in ATM and change the pin.
Can I wear gloves in an ATM?
There is no restrictions or guidelines set by bank in wearing gloves in ATM.
But looking for current pandemic Corona, it is advisable to wear gloves to avoid coming in contact of any kind of virus. Same time you are ensuring safety of others.
How to Block SBI ATM card?
In case your card is stolen or lost, you can now easily block your SBI ATM cum Debit Card through Online SBI. Please follow below steps:
- Login to www.onlinesbi.com with your username and password.
- Select “ATM Card Services>Block ATM Card” link under the “e-Services” tab.
- Select the Account, under which you want to block your ATM cum Debit Card.
- All the Active and blocked cards will be displayed. You will be shown the first 4 and last 4 digits of the card(s).
- Select the Card, you wish to block and click “Submit”. Verify the details and confirm.
- Select the mode of authentication as either SMS OTP or Profile Password.
- On the next screen, enter the OTP password /Profile password as chosen earlier and Click “Confirm”.
- A success message would be displayed with a Ticket No. after successful blocking of your ATM cum Debit Card.
- Note this Ticket No. for future reference.
How can I generate SBI ATM pin by SMS?
Please follow below steps:
- Send SMS to 567676 using your registered mobile number in format PIN <XXXX> <YYYY>
- Here XXXX denotes the last four digits of the SBI ATM card
- YYYY denotes the last four digits of SBI Account Number.
- Account holder will receive an OTP (One Time Password) which is valid for 2 days for SBI PIN generate process at the nearest SBI ATM.
How to change registered mobile number in ATM for SBI?
Please follow these steps, if you are carrying Old and New both mobile numbers:
– Visit your nearby SBI ATM and swipe your card
– Select the ‘Registration’ option from the menu
– Enter your ATM PIN and select ‘Update your mobile number’
– Enter your old mobile number and confirm it. Now, enter the new mobile number and confirm it.
– 2 OTP will be sent 1 on each, the old and new mobile numbers.
As per the SBI call centre, if you possess your old and new numbers, then you will have to send the OTP and reference numbers from both numbers to 567676 within four hours.
If you do not have your old mobile number, then just send the SMS from your new mobile number. Within the next three days, you will receive a call from the contact centre. Confirm and verify the reference number before sharing any personal details with the contact centre. On successful verification of your personal details, your mobile number will be updated.
How can I unblock my ATM card?
Please follow below steps:
- Login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Click on DEBIT CARD SERVICES.
- Click on DEBIT CARD OFF (Temporary Blocking).
- Select your Account Number & Card Number form the drop-down menu, select the reason and enter your comments.
- Click PROCEED and enter the OTP received on your registered mobile or email.
- A confirmation will be displayed on your screen notifying you that the debit card is OFF.
Please note: If your card is blocked after three attempts at ATM, then few banks do block it for temporary basis. This temporary block can be for maximum 24 hours and ATM card will unblock automatically.
How to generate ATM PIN for HDFC Debit card online?
New PIN generation using Mobile / Net Banking
- Login to Mobile Banking or Netbanking and click on cards Tab
- Go to Debit Card menu and select “Instant Pin Generation*’’ option
- Select the Debit Card number and set up a new Debit Card PIN
- Authenticate with OTP received on your registered Mobile Number
- New Pin will be generated.
How to Transfer money from ATM?
Please follow below steps:
- Insert your ATM card.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Select Fund Transfer.
- Select Transferee Bank.
- Enter the account number you wish to transfer funds to.
- Select type of bank account to be used (Savings or Current)
- Enter the amount you want to pay.
- Transaction done. if required, you can collect the receipt.
How can I block my SBI ATM card via Phone?
Please Call SBI 24X7 helpline number i.e. 1800 11 2211 (toll-free), 1800 425 3800 (toll-free) or 080-26599990. Toll free numbers are accessible from all landlines and mobile phones in the country.
REST OF THE FAQ (QUESTION & ANSWERS) WILL BE SHARED IN OUR NEXT BLOG. STAY IN TOUCH..
If you like our blog, please subscribe OUR website, share your comments and press like button.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by What is ATM - Queries on ATM (Part-2) and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.